The embryo of Jurnal Penelitian Kelapa Sawit has begun since the founding of Algemeen Proefstation der AVROS (A.P.A.) in 1916, which contains the results of a plantation research in the East Coast Residency region of Sumatra under the name Mededeelingen van het Algemeen Proefstation der AVROS.
Prior to 1993 a plantation newsletter was published which contained the results of research and after 1993 was published under the name of Buletin Pusat Penelitian Kelapa Sawit with ISSN 0854-4751. As time went on, in 1995, the Buletin Pusat Penelitian Kelapa Sawit transformed into a Jurnal Penelitian Kelapa Sawit under ISSN 0853-196X.
In accordance with the development, since 2006, Jurnal Penelitian Kelapa Sawit has been accredited nationally which is currently entering the 2nd period with No. 454 / AU2 / P2MI-LIPI / 08/2012.